Wednesday 30 March 2016

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)

Date Purchased: February 25, 2016
Date Completed: March 30, 2016
Price: $30 (Kijiji)

When it's all said and done, I think playing Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition right before this one was a mistake.  I thought I was doing myself a service by familiarizing myself with Lara Croft, but it really wasn't necessary, and by the end of this one, I've had enough Tomb Raiding for a while.

I really enjoyed the level of freedom this game has.  In a lot of ways it felt like an open world game. The upgrades are nice, but by the time I was half way through I felt like I had everything upgraded that I would particularly want.  The crafting was a bit of a chore and would be my only gripe.  I mentioned it in my Last of Us review that searching for items extended my playtime significantly, and I feel the same about this game.

Don't let the above paragraphs deter you from playing this game however.  It's fantastic.  Everything is better than the original game, story, graphics, acting.  It's an amazing accomplishment.  I really enjoyed my time with it, but would have enjoyed it more had I not just done a lot of similar activities, albeit on a less impressive scale.  Recommend.




No comments:

Post a Comment