Monday 4 April 2016

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)

Date Purchased:  March 22, 2016
Date Completed: April 2, 2016
Price: $9.99 (Amazon Digital)

I love Gears of War.  I played Gears 3 and Judgement fairly recently and really enjoyed my time with both of them.  Is it true you can never go back again?  Going back to the original game, despite the graphic overhaul was a little difficult.  The gameplay has been refined in the later versions, the story tightened up and the audio beefed up.  Gears 3 is much better than this game, and despite this one running at 60fps, I didn't see much difference once I got "into it".  I plowed through in 4 sittings or so, but ultimately this is $10 I didn't need to spend.  If you've never played the series, start here and play them all.  If you're into the multiplayer, you might get some more mileage out of this one.  If you're like me and have already played this one when it first came out and are going to play the campaign and shelf it, pass.




No comments:

Post a Comment