Monday 5 October 2020

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 (PS4)

I received a $50 PlayStation gift card for Fathers Day and it just kinda sat there for a few months.  This game wasn't on my radar, but I was hearing great things.  When the hype didn't die down after a week or 2 I decided to give the game a try.  I'm glad I did.

This remaster improves the graphics immensely, it also updates the gameplay, which, in your head, you're likely thinking is a bad thing.  These games are known for their incredible gameplay, tight controls etc.  What they've done here though is make the game play like a modern game, and it plays like you remember the old ones do.  Do your research though and you'll see that the old games are missing some key tricks and features that make this such a perfect package.  You can't "manual" in the original Tony Hawk, that's one of the biggest tricks in the game to keep a combo going.  

I've put a large amount of time into this game and can only see the hours keep counting.  My 6 year old's have been enjoying it as well.  I have a healthy competition online with one friend and I look forward to playing more.  If you hold any nostalgia for this series, I highly recommend you scoop this up.  I still hold that THPS 3 is the best in the series, and I'm hopeful that one sees the light.  Recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment