Tuesday 27 October 2020

The Turing Test (Xbox One)

Coming off of a recent playthough of Portal I remembered hearing about "The Turing Test" which has a definite portal vibe, both in presentation and gameplay.  This is a first person puzzler but where Portal succeeds in it's playtime, humour, and story, The Turing Test feels like it's trying too hard.  I wanted to see the story though, it did have me engaged enough to want to see how it turns out, but the gameplay itself, likely the most important quality, had me YouTubing the home stretch like a madman.  I JUST WANTED THIS GAME TO END.  I was proud of myself initially for my brilliant puzzle solving, but by stage 50 I was done.  The game does have neat alternate endings, I played the last level twice to see them both through and while I did enjoy myself for the bulk of this game, I can't say I enjoyed it enough to recommend.  Pass.



No comments:

Post a Comment