Sunday 24 February 2019

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch)

Date Purchased: January 11, 2018
Date Completed: February 24, 2019
Price: $79.99

I've reviewed both Super Mario U, and Super Luigi U on their own in the past, and while my thoughts haven't drastically changed on either, this is a good little package with enough minor changes to make the game appealing again, especially with young children.  The addition of playable character Nabbit (who takes no damage but still must platform) to both games is welcome.  The Peachette addition seems insignificant overall, she's basically Mario or Luigi with an acorn powerup.

I have played a significant amount of the game with my twin 5 year olds.  I said to my wife last night that they are going to hold nostalgia for this game like I do for Super Mario 3.  They love it and play it constantly, and for that alone, it was worth the price of admission for me.  Recommend.




No comments:

Post a Comment