Saturday 29 October 2016

Transformers: Devastation (PS4)

Date Purchased: October 1, 2016
Date Completed: October 25, 2016
Price: Free (PS+)

I'd heard mixed things about this game, but as a freebie, it was fantastic.  I was a big Transformers fan as a kid, still can't believe my mom threw all my toys away, at least I'll always have them in my PlayStation account.  The game is ultimately a hack and slash game with some light gun-play, but the graphics and sound are so pleasant and no reminiscent of the cartoon, I had a smile on my face for just about the full 6 hours.  The game play does get a bit repetitive, but it tries to mix things up here and there.  This is ultimately a fighting game where you drive between objectives.  The upgrade system is overly complex and hardly seems worthwhile in some cases (I'm looking at you weapon upgrades) but those things didn't detract from the experience.  Recommend, especially if you're familiar with the 80's cartoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment