Sunday 16 October 2016

Forza Horizon (Xbox 360)

Date Purchased:  September 1, 2016
Date Completed:  October 8, 2016
Price: Free (Games with Gold)

I really enjoyed my time with Forza Horizon 2, so I was a little suspicious about going "backwards" and playing the original.  I'd heard it was better than the second, so I knew it was worth a shot.  It's great.  It's amazing how well it holds up even by today's standards.  The Xbox 360 era still looks good to me, and is far from "unplayable".   I did find this game to a bit more "restrictive" than the Horizon 2 where you couldn't cut across fields to get to your destination, but the core of the game, the racing, is fantastic.  I achieved first place in every race with only a handful of them giving me any real trouble on the default setting.  The soundtrack was good, but I primarily played this while watching playoff baseball on a second screen.  If you like racing games, this one is worthwhile and has me looking forward to picking up Horizon 3 on the cheap when I can find it on sale.  Recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment