Monday 27 April 2015

Super Mega Baseball (PS4)

Date Purchased: April 8, 2015
Date Completed: April 26, 2015
Price: $19.99 (PSN)

I've played a lot of baseball games over the years, and I can tell you easily which ones stuck.  RBI on the NES, Super Bases Loaded for the SNES, Tommy Lasorda Baseball on the Genesis, MVP 2004 on the PS2, MLB 08 The Show on PSP and now, Super Mega Baseball (PS3 and PS4).  Looking at the list, it's about every 5 or 6 years that I get hooked on a baseball videogame.

Ball games I've spent too many hours with.

























MLB XX "The Show"gets a lot of praise with it's attention to detail, and I've tried, year after year to "get into it" with no luck. I don't have time to sit and play a 9 inning game very often, especially when it takes an hour or more to do so.  If I'm going to game, I have plenty more games to play than just baseball.  And that's why I love Super Mega Baseball.

This game ultimately reminds me of RBI Baseball in it's glory days.  It's simple to pick up, fun to play, relatively easy to control and a game can be played in 15-20 minutes! Try introducing MLB The Show to 6 guys who don't know what  an "infield fly" is and let them have a good time ... it won't happen ... but it did with Super Mega Baseball.

I can't recommend this game enough.  I finished my season last night and won the championship, something I haven't done in a baseball game in a long time.  I got to the World Series in MLB 08 the show and LOST after a gruelling 81 game season.  What a colossal waste of time.  Thankfully a season in SMB only took me a handful of hours.


Yay Beewolves!














Just for fun, here's my championship game, well, what Playstation Share would let me upload.


If you're short on time, would like a baseball game you can play with your friends without giving them a handbook, pick up Super Mega Basebal. Highest Recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment