Monday 21 March 2022

Guardians of the Galaxy (Xbox Series X via Game Pass)

Another big AAA title came to Game Pass and while I admit I'm not the biggest Guardians/Marvel fan, the game did appeal to me.  Bright vibrant colors, a humourous story, compelling visuals, great soundtrack, all the ingredients were there.  

After an hour or so I was a bit concerned as I seemed to be doing just as much watching as I was playing.  I've said many times before how I don't like my games overly "talky", but the writing and voice acting is quite good in this one, the story is engaging as well that I powered through.  That doesn't change, the game has A LOT of dialogue/cut scenes.  

When we do break to action the combat is satisfying although quite repetitive.  By late in the game it becomes a bit of a rinse/repeat process.  I finished the game in around 20 hours which is quite long considering this is strictly single player.

When all is said and done I'd recommend this game to just about anyone who has the attention span to get through the cut scenes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment