Tuesday 31 January 2017

ABZU (PS4)

Date Purchased:  January 1, 2016
Date Completed:  January 30, 2016
Price: $7.99 (PSN)

Flower, Journey, and now Abzu.  Picked this up during a boxing day sale and I’m not exactly sure why.  I’d heard about it quite a bit last year, perhaps it was just name recognition, but I usually don’t care for these types of games … this one was different though.  After coming off Doom I was looking for a palette cleanser before jumping into Dead Space 2, this game fit the bill perfectly.  Abzu’s been described as “Journey under water” and while I can agree with that from a gameplay perspective, the graphics and tone of this game are much nicer to look at.  It has a wonderful symphonic soundtrack is quite simply a masterpiece in presentation.  The gameplay is, well, what it is, it’s more of an experience than a game.  There was zero challenge, I may have had 1 or 2 head scratches but they were quickly resolved (I was over thinking) and before I knew it I was swimming along again in this beautiful ocean in all its splendour.   I enjoyed my time with ABZU and will play it again, it's even made me consider giving Journey another run.  Recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment