Wednesday 9 September 2015

Super Mario Bros 3 (NES/3DS)

Date Purchased:  August 26, 2015
Date Completed: September 7, 2012
Price: $5.99 (eShop)



In anticipation for “Super Mario Maker” I downloaded a bunch of classic Mario games for play on the 3DS.  Yes, I already owned them on other consoles, but thought the portable nature would get me to play them all the way through.  I started with some classic Super Mario, but quickly switched to Super Mario 3.  What a great game.  I’ve played this many times all the way through, but hadn’t done so in a long time.  No level skipping, no warping, one by one I made my way through.  Thank goodness for restore points, this game was much more difficult than I remember.   I’d also forgotten about the variety of levels and enemies I haven’t seen since.  This game deserves it’s rank among the best of all time. If you’ve never played it complete, I highly recommend you do.






No comments:

Post a Comment