Monday 29 March 2021

Ape Out (PC via Game Pass)

What a game.  Scrolling through endless game pass games this one caught my eye.  Ape out has a very unique minimal art style, two button gameplay, and a jazz soundtrack?  Sounds weird.  Let's see.  I loved it.  I loved every moment of it's short duration.  I'd guess I had 2-3 hours in before I saw credits, but it felt much shorter.  You're an ape escaping a facility that can grab and throw the humans trying to stop you, or just push them across the map.  Strategy comes into play when there are a lot of enemies on screen.  It reminded me of  Pac Man crossed with Robotron.  You can't kill everyone and expect to pass the level, so you need to plan your routes carefully.  All of this crazy gameplay is to what I believe to be an improv jazz soundtrack which matches the gameplay surprisingly well.  I completed the bonus level and look forward to trying the hard mode.  Absolutely worth your time.  Recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment