Monday 18 January 2021

Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Series X via Game Pass)

I started this game fresh off a playthrough of Blind Forest and initially I was thinking "This one's not as good" ... a few hours in and my mind had changed.  The auto saving system takes a lot of the frustration out of the game, the new mechanics, the entire package is better than it's predecessor. The combat in Will of the Wisps also far exceeds Blind Forrest, which makes fighting much less of a chore.   This is a beautiful game with an amazing soundtrack, I usually don't listen to game soundtracks, but I've put this one on a few times while I plug away in my office.  If you're only going to play one Ori game, play this one, but to appreciate how far this game has come, I think you need to play both.  Either way, absolutely recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment