Thursday 14 January 2021

Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox Series X via Game Pass)

Metroidvania, a term I've grown to hate over the years, but the odd one I enjoy.  I really enjoyed this one.  This game doesn't require you to backtrack too much, but when you do it's fun because your new abilities make traversing the environment fun.  This is a beautiful game with an incredible soundtrack.  The music is so "nice" that I've listened to it while working at my desk.  The visual style of this game is straight out of a children's book with animations that make the entire game feel alive.  All of this comes together in an amazing package, but don't be fooled, the game is HARD, but ultimately that's what I enjoyed about it.  It feels so rewarding, make your way though 100 yards in game, feel like you've accomplished a mile.  Absolutely recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment