Wednesday 7 December 2016

INSIDE (Xbox One)

Date Purchased:  November 25, 2016
Date Completed: December 7, 2016
Price: $13.49  (Xbox Marketplace)


This time of year is always filled with game of the year discussion, and a game that keeps coming up is “Inside”.  It won the “Indy game of the year” at the Game Awards last week, and is sure to be on many top 10 lists in the weeks to come.  Inside is a fantastic puzzle platformer that has pacing completely nailed down.  There was only one sequence that I found particularly tedious, but that was due to an oversight of my part.  The graphics are simple but very effective, the sound is amazing, and the story, while still out for the jury, is interesting to say the least.  This game is from the same studio that brought you Limbo, and while I enjoyed my time with it, I like this game better.  My greatest regret was hearing about a giant “twist” on the Giant Bombcast and I kept waiting for it.  No doubt it’s there, but it’s not as mind blowing as I was expecting, I’m a victim of the hype on that unfortunately.  Go in with expectations tempered and you’re sure to have an amazing time. Highest Recommendation.


No comments:

Post a Comment