Sunday 11 September 2016

The Division (PS4)

Loot shooters get the hooks in me like I never expected.  It's always nice to find a genre of a game that comes by surprise.  I remember when I discovered tower defense games with Plants vs. Zombies and that was all I played for months.

Anyways, the Division is a "loot shooter" which means there is a lot of upgrades, a lot of inventory management, and a lot of grinding.  I typically play these games while watching the Tigers on a second screen or  I'll throw on some YouTube videos if there's no game on.  The game does have a narrative, but it's fairly simple and doesn't require much attention.  Story is not why I played the Division.

I kept coming back because it was a simple distraction to a long baseball game.  It was an easy escape from the stresses of daily life.  The game required little thought, and the shooting was just good enough.  It was my game of summer, and may just wind up my game of the year.

All said, I have about 50 hours into the Division, roughly the same as I put into Destiny.  Compared Directly, I'd have to say Destiny is the better game, but I liked this one better in a few regards.  The available matchmaking at any time really made the game much more enjoyable for someone like me with limited friends available to play with.  Something Destiny severely lacked.  Recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment