Thursday 15 September 2016

Bastion (Vita)

Date Purchased: August 19, 2016
Date Completed: September 15, 2016
Price ($3.75)

Bastion, a game I've heard about for 5 years, finally complete.  It's is a relatively old game at this point, but it's art style, music and game play still hold up today.  It reminds me of mini Destiny or Division.  I'm fully willing to admit that my limited experience with RPG's would lead me to say this, had I played a plethora of RPG's growing up, maybe I'd feel like Bastion is just an expansion on some of these games mechanics.  Anyways, Bastion offers many upgrade paths for your wide variety of weapons which require cash and XP to upgrade.  I found however that I typically stuck with 2 or 3 weapons, and after having upgraded those, I felt no need to upgrade any others.  Maybe the weapons get overpowered, but I felt the game was ridiculously easy.  Did I play it wrong?  I'm not sure.  Regardless, I'm happy to have finally played it, it definitely got me through a couple night shifts and made the time pass very quickly.  The art style is terrific, but the music and sound is what really sets this game apart.  The narrator alone makes this game a recommend.




No comments:

Post a Comment