Tuesday 22 December 2015

Super Mario Bros. 2 [Japan] (3DS)


Date Purchased: August 26, 2015
Date Completed: August 18, 2015
Price: $5.99 (eShop)

I’ve owned this game multiple times, but could never complete it.  If not for the 3DS and its restore points, I still would not have finished it.  This game is HARD.  Really hard.  So hard that they didn’t bring it over to the US until much later as a bundle in Super Mario All Stars.  This is the original Super Mario 2 in Japan (sorry, couldn’t find any better box art) featuring 9 worlds of all new, difficult levels.  Some aesthetic changes make the game feel different, including some nifty idea’s at the end which I wish they would have implemented earlier.  It’s a decent enough game, but a little unfair in spots.  I’m glad to have seen it all the way through, and my Mario Maker skills did help me get through despite the physics being a little different.  For die-hard Mario players, recommend, otherwise pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment