Saturday 5 December 2020

Minecraft Dungeons (Xbox One Optimized for Series X)

I played this on Xbox Game Pass hoping for something to play with my oldest son Cole.  Turns out I play it with my youngest sons Jack and Eli.  I hadn't put any time into any type of dungeon crawler since "Gauntlet" in the arcade 30 years ago, if that should even qualify.  Things started out pretty exciting, cool unlocks, cool levels, but ultimately this game is about the grind.  Grind grind grind, replay levels hoping for cool loot drops, equip the loot only to find it wasn't as good as your old loot.  Now don't get me wrong, this game had me HOOKED, I even bought a copy of PS4 so I could play with my twins on separate TV's, but after 20 hours or so, the gameplay loop got a little dull.  I had a great time with it, and will revisit, I'm just not sure I'll be coming back daily.   Recommend.



No comments:

Post a Comment