Monday 21 May 2018

Super Mega Baseball 2 (Xbox One)

Date Purchased: May 1, 2018
Date Finished: May 21, 2018
Price: Free (Games with Gold)

I was a pretty big fan of the original Super Mega Baseball and the sequel is better in every regard.  It's an amazing game that I've become amazingly good at which is rare for a video game.  This is a surprisingly deep simulation with so much customization it will make your head spin if you get into it.  With time and patience you could recreate the entire MLB, the only thing missing would be authentic stadiums.  I primarily play "Pennant Race" which is the online multiplayer version and my record after 50 games or so would be 40-10.  It's become quite dull to play online unfortunately because I keep getting matched with new players.  The odd time I get a good matchup, it's a chess game with my opponent, trying to guess his next pitch or trying to fake him out with my own.  I love this game a lot.  I hope that over time the n00bs will move on and I'll find more "good games" consistently.  Believe it or not it's an early contender for my GOTY.  Highest recommend.  A couple highlights from my online games below.






No comments:

Post a Comment