Friday 31 July 2015

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions (PS Vita)


Date Purchased:   July 9, 2015
Date Completed:  July 29, 2015
Price:  Free (PS+)

I’ve played a fair amount of Geometry Wars in my time, loved the first, had some issues with the second, and only played this, the third, because it’s free.  When the Xbox 360 came out, I put an incredible amount of time into this game, ridiculous amounts of time trying to beat high scores, but then trying for hours and finally achieving the coveted 1 million points without dying  achievement (only 3% of players have this one).  The second game left something to be desired, chasing the geoms ruined the way I played the game, and there were too many game types that the leaderboard felt less meaningful.  I passed on Geometry Wars 3 until it was “given” to me via PS+, and I instantly loved it.  The game has a campaign which kept things fresh, the drones and supers added a lot to the game, and while I’ve heard people lamenting the boss battles, I really liked them.  Great game.  High recommendation if you like twin stick shooters.  (That last boss battle was a bitch though)

Edit: Should note that this game plays flawlessly on Vita

No comments:

Post a Comment