Thursday 18 June 2015

Gears of War: Judgement (Xbox 360)

Date Purchased:  April 1, 2015
Date Completed: June 17, 2015
Price: Free (Games with Gold)

The problem with a "Pile of Shame" is that you never put as much time into a title as it deserves.  Sure, nothing's stopping me from playing said game, but the pull of taking on another is stronger than the desire to keep playing one.  Gears of War: Judgement deserved more of my time.  I would have LOVED this back in the days of only having one game to play at a time.  The structure of Judgement is perfect for a guy like me, broken up into very small chapters, with lots of smaller goals and challenges in order to get a higher score ... like an arcade game.  While this initially turned me off, I found myself getting bugged if I didn't get at least 2 stars on each mission, wanting to replay them.  Alas, I didn't, and I blew through the game and it's mediocre story.  I think this is the best looking Gears game of them all, the story is a bit lacking, but the game play is tight.  It has enough content, with 2 campaigns (the 2nd being very short, more like DLC).  Recommend at the right price.



No comments:

Post a Comment