Saturday 13 June 2015

Halo Master Chief Collection: Halo 2 Anniversary (Xbox One)


Date Purchased: November 15, 2014
Date Completed: June 8, 2015
Price: Free (Xbox Game Share)
 

It’s been 11 years since I played the Halo 2 campaign, there was a lot I didn’t remember, which was actually quite nice as this felt like a new experience.  The fresh coat of paint helped to.  I took a couple game clips here and here so you can see for yourself.  The difference is substantial, and while I’ve always felt Halo’s story had it’s head up it’s own ass, I must say, the cut-scenes are done so well, that it actually made me care about the story of Halo!  Shocking!  I really enjoyed my time with this, it made me appreciate the Halo franchise a whole lot more … so much so that I jumped straight into Halo 3.   Halo 3 does not have that fresh coat of paint though,  it was relatively hard to go back to, so I’m taking a break and deciding if I want/need to finish the games in this bundle that are not “re-mastered”.  Regardless, Halo 2 Anniversary, high recommendation. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment