Wednesday 13 May 2015

Destiny (Xbox One)


Date Purchased: November 15, 2015
Date Completed: May 12, 2015
Price: Free (Xbox Game Share)

 
I love and hate Destiny.  I hate the story, so much so, that I started listening to sporting events while playing (which I actually quite enjoyed and can see ... err .. hear myself doing more of with other games).  But the story isn’t the lone reason I dislike Destiny, the main reason being that I played it all wrong.  I played Destiny alone.  I can see how fun this game could be with a friend, I love co-op (probably because I stink at competitive multiplayer) and this game is a co-op gamers dream, it’s meant to be played with friends.  Every mission is playable with a partner or two.  I really enjoyed the shooting, the environments, the weapons and the enemies were cool as well.  Big boss battles are something you don’t see in too many games anymore and this game has some of the best.    I ended up putting in about 15 hours into Destiny and the odd time I’d hook up with some random stranger who happened to be in my vicinity and we’d blast away together.  Those were some fun moments, but then that stranger would ride off into the distance … so long old friend … we’ll always have that battle together.   Do I have friends I could play Destiny with?  Yes, and no.  I game on my own terms, for however long I can or feel like.  What I don’t have time or patience for is waiting for a friend to sign on, install an update, get in a lobby and join up.  By the time that’s all done I’m usually left with about 20 minutes to play.  So was Destiny worth it as a single player game?  Yeah, for the right price I’d say so.  But at $70 (CDN)?  No.  Still, at the end of it all … Recommend.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment