Thursday 9 September 2021

A Plague Tale: Innocence (Xbox Series X via Game Pass)

As of this writing, I have $71 in Microsoft Rewards Points.  I just switched my browser to MS Edge, switched my search engine to Bing and do their little challenges.  One of this past months quests on Xbox was to complete some minor objective in A Plague Tale.  I had to shoot 5 apples.  Something about this game made me want to continue, and I was really enjoying it until about 2/3's of the way through.  This is going to sound weird, but the word "alchemy" is used so much in this game, I found myself getting angry every time it was said.  Now, I can't discredit a game due to it's excessive use of one word, but I believe at this 2/3rd point, I'd seen about everything the game had to offer and it was starting to feel like a chore.  This is a 3rd person "Action"/Adventure game.  The combat is pretty weak, but that's not the main focus.  It's a really nice looking game on the Series X and the voice acting is really well done.  The story is what kept me going as I wanted to see it through.  I'd say it wrapped in around 10 hours or so with only a couple "combat" segments that had me wanting to throw my controller.  Despite all the alchemy talk, I'd still recommend it, but it went from "must play" to "it's okay" the longer it went on.  



No comments:

Post a Comment