Sunday 20 June 2021

MLB The Show 21 (Xbox Series X via Game Pass)

I got into the show more than any other year, partly because of the hype of a PlayStation game coming to Game Pass, but also because I got in at the start of a new season.  I was chugging along doing my daily challenges, getting better at seeing pitches and seeing my timing improve.  I spent a lot of time with this game but eventually put it down because it all felt so repetitive.  This is a beautiful game and I may "get back in" but the old adage of the series still rears it's ugly head ... it's just too slow.  I'd still rather play Super Mega Baseball.  There's a lot of nostalgia at play here with old players and cards to collect, but part of the beauty of baseball is the long play of 9 innings, and for that, it just takes too long.  I do okay with normies online, but when you climb the ranks, I get CRUSHED and I'm just not good enough to put the time and effort in to "get gud".  I still recommend this game, but it's still something I'll only play here and there and unfortunately this will not be my "go to" for the summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment