Wednesday 6 December 2017

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

Date Purchased: Nov 5, 2017
Date Completed: Dec 5, 2017
Price: Free (Birthday Present)

Oh man, I've been putting off this review but after reaching 500 moons, and having not played it in a while, it's time to officially say it's finished.  First off, Mario Odyssey is fantastic game, I played it for many hours, my switch says 40 hours, but I'll say my son AJ probably has 10-15 of those.  The game looks beautiful, has some great music and some really fun gameplay...but there's something that bothers me about this game ... you spend a lot of time running around and exploring versus time spent platforming.  Perhaps it's just been too long since I've played Mario 64 or Sunshine, but Mario 3D World and Galaxy were much more fun and focused experiences.  I would never not recommend this game, but it's not the best Mario game of all time and it pains me to say it.  All that said, you won't regret playing or buying it.  Recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment